Forums

Forum Home > General Chat > Derpy Hooves In Season 3

The Descendant Of Derpy

I sent the Theory you had on Derpy. To a few writers from the show.  After I talk to Lauren Faust and some of the other writers and animators through email and deviantart. I found out this

Due to all the support for Derpy . The Save Derpy & Other Petitions. Derpy may return as a main character or a side character in season 3. They were able to bring Derpy back as a background character and keep her Derpy eyes because of all the support. they want her to be a main character as well. but tht's only if every continues to show there support.

She can return in season 3 with her own episodes. But her name may go back to Ditzy Doo. They said they may just make Ditzy Doo, Derpy Hooves's twin sister and continue from there but only time will tell. As long as people continue to support Derpy Hooves. Hasbro Staff won't be able to touch Derpy or any other character and try to censor or remove them. I hope every brony continues to fighting the good fight.

--

I'm Only Here For My Little Muffin

April 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EBecK
Site Owner

The Descendant Of Derpy at April 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I sent the Theory you had on Derpy. To a few writers from the show.  After I talk to Lauren Faust and some of the other writers and animators through email and deviantart. I found out this

Due to all the support for Derpy . The Save Derpy & Other Petitions. Derpy may return as a main character or a side character in season 3. They were able to bring Derpy back as a background character and keep her Derpy eyes because of all the support. they want her to be a main character as well. but tht's only if every continues to show there support.

She can return in season 3 with her own episodes. But her name may go back to Ditzy Doo. They said they may just make Ditzy Doo, Derpy Hooves's twin sister and continue from there but only time will tell. As long as people continue to support Derpy Hooves. Hasbro Staff won't be able to touch Derpy or any other character and try to censor or remove them. I hope every brony continues to fighting the good fight.

Is that right? Well, that means that Hasbro DOES in fact care, meaning we still have a chance to win this. All we have to do is gather even more support and find a reason that allows them to keep Derpy's name. This just adds to the reason of why we fight for Derpy. I don't suppose you could tell Hasbro to send me an email confirming this, can you? For if this is true, it means the chances of our success have increased. In other words "Huzzah! The Derp has been doubled!" Well, you heard the guy, keep fighting the good fight!

--

The Brony Born Under the Shadows of the Rainbow.

April 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rainbro Dash

I am Rainbro Dash and I support Derpy for season 3

April 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Descendant Of Derpy

I'm just happy she's a background character again. If The Save Derpy Petitions never happen and no one spoke up. Derpy Hooves wouldn't even be in any current episodes. I highly doubt that she will become a main character or get her own episode but I pray they go with it.

Even if she doesn't become a main character I'll be happy with her as a background character. All the support helped Derpy continue her existince. There has been complains about Zecora, Snail and a few others. Which is why they don't appear in future episodes. There looking into the complains to see if there legit or just someone trolling. Thanks to your Theory they look into future complains with detail. Hasbro should have been doing that in the first place

--

I'm Only Here For My Little Muffin

April 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PopperFett

@ The Descendent

Well, we need to have hope she'll at least have a speaking role again.  If they do that, then we've won about 10 times over.

All this support for Derpy is what's bringing her back. We need to rally support.

FOR DERPY!

--

IN THIS SIGN, CONQUER

April 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EBecK
Site Owner

This is good to hear that Hasbro is taking this seriously, and if that's the case and my theory proves true, then there should be no objection to restoring her name. As I asked before, could you possibly tell them to contact me? So I know exactly what they think? Or you could just give me the email address you used. I mean, I have a few, but I'm not sure which one you used.

--

April 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rainbow Dash

I miss Derpy. We need to bring her back. I hope she is coming back. I really do miss Derpy. I guess I'm going to go to this new festival with Fluttershy, to get all of this off of my mind. Please- we need to help Derpy.

April 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OlexKi

"But her name may go back to Ditzy Doo".

This would be a huge mistake. I'm signed to this site just because of this line, and this is what I want to say (excuse my bad english - I'm from Russia): even if they make a main character with Derpy's model _and_ name Ditzy Doo, all that they get would be a more hate mail because everybody will think that they are trying to erase Derpy from the show by replasing her with censored character. Derpy's name is one of main part of her fan-made personality and one of main reasons of her being so popular. Also, Derpy's name is not offensive, but Ditzy is.

To prewent sh*tstorms Derpy must stay in show under the name Derpy as main or supporting character, or as an unnamed background pony, but if her name will be changed, this only makes things worse. If you can - please send my words to people who work on show, because it's an inportant thing. 
--
April 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Raetekusu

I am Flare Dancer, also known as Raetekusu, and I support Derpy Hooves for Season 3.  Not Ditzy Doo.  I support the posterchild of the bronies, not Hasbro's pos-it note stuck over her.

April 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SilentGear100

YEAH!!! DERPY FOR SEASON 3!!! WOOHOO!!!

April 17, 2012 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geezer

I'd like to join the celebrations, but...

[citation needed]

--

Old and cranky.  Git offa mah lawn!

April 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EBecK
Site Owner

^^^You mean proof? I will be obtaining that in due time, for I contacted Hasbro for confirmation. Once I receive a response, I believe that shall be the proof.

--

April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Millennial Dan

Raetekusu at April 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I am Flare Dancer, also known as Raetekusu, and I support Derpy Hooves for Season 3.  Not Ditzy Doo.  I support the posterchild of the bronies, not Hasbro's pos-it note stuck over her.

I agree with this. Getting Derpy into a role of prominence under a different name, while sort of still a good thing, would still be a rather stinging reminder that the... misinformed... got what they wanted.

April 21, 2012 at 4:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Geezer

EBecK at April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

^^^You mean proof? I will be obtaining that in due time, for I contacted Hasbro for confirmation. Once I receive a response, I believe that shall be the proof.

Yeah, I definitely wanna hear official word.  Not only so I'm not getting hopes up for nothing, I also want to see where things stand as far as Derpy/Ditzy, voicing, how they need to see support, that sort of stuff.

--

April 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LazyBastardGuy

I completely agree - the name is DERPY. She has no other name.

OlexKi, I totally agree. When I first heard about Derpy I enjoyed what I was reading - this was before I really got into the show - but something suddenly occurred to me, and that was that people might perceive her as "offensive". I was, unfortunately, right. And in retrospect, Ditzy IS a more offensive name. I bet this would have been so much worse had that been her name. If Derpy itself is offensive, Ditzy is so much more offensive.

--

My Last.fm...

Seeing Derpy as disabled is ableist. Therefore the people who got upset are the actual offenders.

Apologies for my lengthy posts. I have a lot to say sometimes.

April 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

J (300) Mindstorm

Derpy :'D

I'm still gonna fight!! Save Depry!!! Keep her alive :)

--

Never give up hope.

Joshua helping to save Derpy

April 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PopperFett

J (300) Mindstorm at April 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Derpy :'D

I'm still gonna fight!! Save Depry!!! Keep her alive :)

We've got this far! Just think, we get confirmation, and we've essentially won!  We can see that they are putting Derped-eyed Derpy in the episodes (numerous occasions in the Royal Wedding). They animators do care. Hasbro cares.

We are sooo close now! Don't give up! Don't give in!

--

IN THIS SIGN, CONQUER

April 23, 2012 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geezer

Two things to keep in mind:

1. Episodes are completed long before they air, and going back to edit all appearances in every episode would be expensive; it was mostly the voice and name in Last Roundup that caused backlash, whereas she was able to appear without complaints for...how many episodes before TLR?  Lots, whatever the number.  In other words, it's not that they've permitted Derpy to appear again, it's that they haven't bothered to remove her.  Same with the DVD, incidentally.

2. We also thought we'd won when WLF returned Derpy products--with her name--to their inventory.  Let's not pull a premature "Mission Accomplished" a second time.

--

April 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PopperFett

@Geezer

True... but we've got to wonder if it really was laziness or that they simply saw the reaction of the change and decided not to change it anymore. I mean, there was more backlash to the change than the mere prescence of her speaking role in the TLR.

And EBeck's made it clear that if and hopefully when we get confirmation from Hasbro, and they are convinced on more Derpy, this site will continue to support Derpy and celebrate the character, but will keep vigilant watch for any sort of trouble that might lead to another battle...

--

IN THIS SIGN, CONQUER

April 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LazyBastardGuy

@Geezer and PopperFett

I was thinking about that, and it occurred to me: Hasbro clearly was reluctant in making the edit that they did. If it was really that big a deal, they would have gone to the trouble of straightening her eyes/removing her completely from the later Season 2 episodes. Apparently Derpy to THAT extent is not so bad, so I believe it IS a sign of progress - they could have changed her, as they clearly did with TLR, long after the fact, but didn't.

Our fourfold goal is at least a quarter complete. She's not gone forever and she has her eyes back. Now she needs her name, voice, and clumsiness back.

--

My Last.fm...

Seeing Derpy as disabled is ableist. Therefore the people who got upset are the actual offenders.

Apologies for my lengthy posts. I have a lot to say sometimes.

April 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.